Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Padding Stats


Warning. The topic to follow may be dangerous to some. Do not recommend, paraphrase or forward this to your spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, or prospect if either of you are insecure, dishonest or intolerant. Trust me, the argument is really not worth it. But, for those feeling froggy, lets discuss the old adage “Men lie, women lie, numbers don’t.” In a society fixated with statistics and comparisons, numbers tend to be the poster child for certain objective thinking. As a former math lover (prior to college calculus), I understand the power in numbers. In fact, I do agree, numbers don’t lie, but they don’t necessarily tell the entire truth either.

For those who have yet to catch on, excuse my vagueness, but I’m speaking of the number that represents a person’s amount of sexual partners. Some of you are already counting by point five (0.5). Have fun, I’m not going to ask you how many you’ve caught in your web anyway. On second thought, maybe I will. But first, let’s at least make it clear that vaginal sex, anal sex, and fellatio aka chromy dome or any other kind of oral pleasures qualify as a digit. The number does not include the amount of sexual acts; no one cares how many times you’ve done it with the same person, that’s boring. The interest is in sexual partners. Some people will hide this number like it’s a family secret.

Although the numbers may not lie, the people submitting them can. When women lie about their “number”, they tend to go for the innocent lower number. Depending on who a man is lying to, he may be shooting for the stars with his number, or he may be trying to simply “fit in.” The rhetorical question of the day is, why? I feel everyone should wear their number proudly as if it were a football jersey of a family member who is in the hall of fame. At the end of the day, it represents your history. Like I previously stated, the number doesn’t tell the entire truth. A high number doesn’t mean someone is promiscuous, afraid of commitment or experienced, and a low number doesn’t mean someone is an inexperienced angel. Honestly, I don’t think a number can be definitive of someone’s character. Now in my most serious tone, the number does indicate how many times a person has been susceptible to creating a child or swapping special monsters. But even with that said, there are people that mistakenly went half on a baby with their first partner, just as there are people that have been doing the nasty for decades and never had to visit the clinic.

Now that we know that numbers can be honest and incorrect, and numbers can hide some of the truth, do they really matter? I’ve never been asked what my number is and I’ve never judgingly asked what someone else’s number was. So again, do they matter? No one is asking for them on the first date, so we subconsciously know that they are not deal breakers. Understandably, no one wants a sloppy hoe, but I’m sure we don’t need to know a sloppy hoe’s number to know that he or she is a sloppy hoe.

It is important that we know what a number can mean, but for the most part, a surprising number will only make one second guess their reason for dealing with a person. If a guy meets a girl, likes a girl for who she is and what she brings to the table, finding out about a high number and being upset will only do him a disservice. If she’s not a virgin homie, just pray that her number isn’t increasing while she is with you. Then you have issues.

9 comments:

  1. "...I’m sure we don’t need to know a sloppy hoe’s number to know that he or she is a sloppy hoe." Absolutely!

    Great Post! Very interesting topic.

    I also appreciate your point where you stated that as long as the number isnt increasing while you're with someone, it shouldnt matter much. And thanks for clarifying what should be included when figuring your total. Lol! I've heard oral, anal, and same sex dont count. I've even heard some women say they dont count anything before or during college.Im not particularly concerned with figures as long as Im convinced that the person is responsible enough to pratice safe sex.

    Our society (particularly within African-American and Hispanic communities) has encouraged the degradation and ostracization of women who are anything less than saintly. "Hoes" are the concepts of songs, jokes, etc. I recently even came across posts by a very popular Black blog entitled something like "10 Ways to Tell if She's a Hoe" and "Why You Can't Turn a Hoe Into a Housewife", etc. This sort of gross objectification of women perpetuates the dishonesty. It's close-minded and quite ignorant.

    I think men place value on someone's number out of insecurity. They worry that if they fall in love with a chick who's been around, their boys might tease them or (gasp) she may have hooked up with someone they know. God forbid she's had any other d*ck before his. Lol. They might even worry that their sexual performance might not please a woman who is experienced. Who knows? Ah! The fragile ego of the human male.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi boo! xoxo and yes, the male ego is fragile as egg shells.

    As I move on up into my "Golden Years", I have become less interested in a womans number. I will admit when I was a young chap in my roaring twenties, I would ask to quantify whether or not this lady was "loose" or a "hoe." Dare not she ask me though. If she did ask, I simply did what any honest, respectable young man would do. Lie through my teeth. After all god forbid you think I'm a h*e, but by all means I can think that about you. Double standard at its finest. I digress. The bigger question is how many is too much? Any woman who has actively been dating since a teen definitely is in her teens (conservative by all means). Figure her first time, boyfriend after that, random drunk night, college, college w/drunk night, college with crush, college with bf, etc etc etc. You see where I'm going.

    Girls try to keep "their number low", but who cares about that. If you been in 15 relationships no matter how lengthy, 3 months, 6 months 3 years, your 15 d*cks is justified. If you been in NO relationships, your 15 d*cks is justified. Point I'm trying to make is, it's your business and as long as you're not the neighborhood h*e, enjoy yourself, but be safe about it.

    I banged a chic in college who banged quite a few guys, but she carried herself like a lady. Her rationale was, "It's my body and If I like you and want to smash, I'm gonna smash. period." It don't get no realer than that. She got respect whereas the chic who was smashing the football team, every new face and drinking babies was treated the exact opposite.

    Some black men are just immature and need to get away from the idea that the more woman you sleep with, the more of a "pimp" you are. And black woman need to stop trying to protect "their number" and live. Honesty, communication and common sense. You will be amazed how far it gets you.

    "Tina perm your fuckin weave, Tina perm your fuckin weave, Tina perm your weave. Bitches. Hoes. Weaves. Leather jackets."

    "Tina" - Tyler, The Creator

    PS - That has nothing to do with the post, I was just listening to that song. OFWGKTA, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sam, whats the popular black blog called?

    Lol, in my opinion its like a car, if you go forward your adding miles. You can physically change the number, but we know how many miles that car went. Sex is sex.

    Yeah, I suffer from that male ego disease. Most of the time it is an issue if you know who banged your girl and he lives close or you see him around.

    @DR, wth is that. I dont even know if I want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Es,
    I'd rather not say any names, but the most minimal search will pull it up. It's authored by a bunch of bitter, single, "ivy league graduating" black men who are most likely both romantically and socially inept and use their blog to indirectly self-promote and smugly insult their female readers that actually are exactly the type of groupies they seek (with the exception of maybe one author). The comments that their posts produce are less than stimulating or intellectual and can be compared to hair salon banter.

    Forgive my run-on sentences;-)

    D.R,
    Hey! Xoxo. What causes men like Es and yourself to become so open-minded and evolved? It seems as if many men are stunted or delayed in their growth. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ ES, that was from the song "Tina" by Tyler the Creator. I know, I had a moment, lol.

    @ My boo, I don't know and thank you on behalf of ES and myself for the compliment. Can it be I'm a Libra perhaps? I really can't tell you. Personally, I always try to look at both sides and be as objective as possible in all situations not just woman. Also, I think experience is the best teacher. Both ES and I are well rounded and can walk the fine line of "Educated brotha" and "street dude" maybe that is it, lol. Above of, common sense which I'm afraid is not too common these days.

    Now Samantha I direct the question at you? How have you become so evolved, open-minded and above all a fair straight shooter? Were you raised with men only in the house? Daddy was a real pimp? What makes you tick because I'm stumped when it comes to you, smh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol. Good question.

    I was raised in a mixed household. Both of my parents were the "flower children" of their eras: liberal, rebellious, sexual, and devoutly democratic. I also try to think objectively, which helps me picture situations from the male perspective. Lastly, Im naturally skeptical and try to shoot for the realistic, not necessarily the comfortable. I think right is right, truth is truth, no matter who's "team" you're supposed to join up with (female, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I think right is right, truth is truth, no matter who's "team" you're supposed to join up with (female, etc.)" We should all strive to live by this mantra.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Folks!
    Great post, very near and dear to my heart. Thankfully after surrounding myself with great guy friends I’ve decided to stop being so concerned with "my number".
    There's a part of me that will always be reserved and cautious but at this age (just turned 32) screw it! (Pun a lil intended)
    Shero (Samantha) you hit the nail right on the head not much left to say.
    Es my only question is why people bother with asking when we are all so suspicious of each other anyways. I'm not a liar but when I've shared my number I got the "year right, how many do I add to that?" look. If I hear a number from a guy I just assume they are possibly telling the truth and go with it. Color me gullible. *shrugs*. Like you and DR said, if you carry yourself like a lady and are respected, how many people you’ve been with doesn’t matter.
    What I thought was interesting is the precious frail male ego isn’t cool with knowing personally, who you’ve slept. I live by a code, well several but one is…. I don’t dip in my friends’ pool. So if I know someone you’ve slept with chances are…not gonna happen. JESUS himself is going to have to tell me to “give a brother a chance” ok well that’s dramatic maybe not JESUS but I’ll need something like a burning bush or something to appear! *pause*

    I ‘m caring less about how many sex partners you’ve had and more about… how many of them were men?! And how many children, by how many different women have you produced?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one ppl will always debate. I think it's best just to not bring up the subject.


    Que The Lights
    QTL Images

    ReplyDelete

Please share your opinion. Also, if you have a question or potential blog topic you would like addressed, dont hesitate to email me at swild21@gmail.com. Also, it's ok to follow me on twitter @EsWild21