Search This Blog

Friday, March 26, 2010

"She got her own thing, that's why I can't stand her"




Ok, ok, ok, before I get into it, let me first state, if I hear another independent woman song, I'm going to go animal. Considering the fact that it is more females in the world, more males in jail, more women in college, I think we need more independent men. But that's another issue. I'll leave that one for Barack.
Now, to the first order of business......the question asked to me was, "If a woman makes more cash than me, would it bother me"? My response, "Show me the money!" Hell no it wouldn't bother me. Actually it will help me, it will motivate me to make more money, then that will motivate her to make more, then I will make more money....you get the picture. Show me the man that does not want a financially successful woman, and I will show you a fool. And if you know him, tell him I said it. Na, just kidding, but seriously every man should want a successful woman. To me, this is a non-issue. But the reality is that a lot of women have either been in or are in relationships that are strenuous because their counterparts cannot accept the fact that their woman makes more cheddar. I'm shaking my head as I type this. This must be some new type of insecurity. Well here's my bold opinion on why this is an issue amongst couples.

In my life I have been very fortunate to meet some amazing people, especially women. But sometimes when people are so accomplished and successful, they think their chit don't stink. What's wrong with a lot of us is that when we see a problem in any kind of relationship we are involved in, we rarely look at ourselves. We rarely ask "What am I doing wrong", "What are the things that have changed about me?" Yes, the money has changed, the pockets are fatter, but women, did you change too? Now I admit, some of us men are sensitive, and the money alone will bother us. But the real problem comes in if that woman acts a certain way because she makes more money. She walking around giving orders, not cleaning up after herself, leaving the toilet seat down, stuff like this. "Baby, I don't know what it is, but you weren't like this when we met". The last thing a "real" man wants to feel is inferior to his woman. Once a woman begins to act like the "man", tension will present itself. So, its not the money, its what the money represents. I know its a new day, and women are now doing things that men have been doing for a long time, but women at least act like you're staying in your lane.
Before you read the rest of this and falsely prejudge me, I would like everyone to know that I DON'T SUPPORT PIMPING, but I do respect the power a pimp has and the confidence that comes with it. Do you think it bothers a pimp when he knows that his prostitute is "really" making all the money. No it does not because at no time does he feel inferior. Now I'm not saying men go out there and smack your women and talk down to them, but a man who makes considerably less than his woman has to have a pimp mindset. He has to understand that money is money and its not always a direct correlation with leadership. So men who are into traditional relationships and used to the man running the show, guess what, the man can make less and still run the show. There's no need to run after the first few weeks of dating when your candidate for relations starts funding all the dates. Sit back and enjoy it. Obviously she likes you and she probably does not want to run the show. Man up and do your job. And please, please don't play yourself and go broke trying to keep up with her, trying to take the check after she grabs it. She knows you can't afford it, that's why she grabbed it.
Friends, let me know what you think.

15 comments:

  1. BROTHER MAN, PLEASE ALLOW ME TO GIVE YOU A ROUND OF APPLAUSE. I CAME ACROSS YOUR BLOG VIA MY BIG BRO CHRIS(CFK) AND RIGHT AFTER READING THE FIRST PARAGRAPH I WAS HOOKE.... I DON'T THINK I COULD HAVE SAID THIS ANY BETTER MYSELF. I LIKE IT, AND I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY WHO THINK IN THIS SAME LANE. KEEP IT UP

    ENO
    ONE....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done sir! This is probably never going to be an issue for me since my job pays me virtually nothing but I do it for the kids. LOL! But, you made a lot of sense, especially the 'pimp logic' ironically. Great virgin blog post. I'm very impressed. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...leaving the toliet seat down",cute.
    I agree some women who have financial success may becoming controlling in relationships especially when she makes more, but at times this can be a defense mechanism. As long as you are in control it is believed you are less likely to be taken advantage of and get hurt. Thought provoking to say the least, definitely look forward to future blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YA DEF POPPED THE CHERRY ON THIS ONE:) I FEEL U 100% ON THIS CUZO, THERE'S NOT MUCH I COULD ADD TO THAT WITH THAT BEING SAID I LOOK FORWARD TO READING MORE OF YOUR BLOGS AND HOLLA AT ME I GOT SOMETHING U MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN SPEAKING ON 1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made some very good points. And I totally agree with you. I', pretty old school, so no matter who makes more money, I believe women and men still have roles they need to follow...women should clean and wash the dishes and men should take out the trash and clean the cars. The key is that it must always be done out of love and being with the right person is the first step. Someone that shares the same values and genuinely as an interest in making you happy. Money has never mattered to me in choosing my mate, but I have dated guys that make less than me and didn't even want to open my car door, wash my car, give me a back rub, etc. The point is, you can show you are a/the man, honor and love your woman without a lot of money. And women still need to be women...even with a larger bank account. Anyway, I love black men and I want to contribute to uplifting them, not breaking them down. Having said that, I'm very proud of you Es Wild, and all of your accomplishments. Keep doing what you're doing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! Ok. Whether or nor the woman in the relationship makes money is not the issue. The underlying issue is power -- and making sure men retain power in the relationship. This is clearly a white supremacist, patriarchal paradigm of a relationship that is based on possession. More specifically, the possession of Black women. I'm just saying, where is the equity in this? Come on folks, there are other ways of being in a partnership that don't include clenching on to need to "run the show.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it really this simple? Could it be that what comes off as "controlling" is the leadership qualities that actually make the woman successful in her professional life? I'm not saying at all that I think she should bring them home to the relationship...but if you're a go-getter in your professional life, it could very well mean, that you're going to handle some of your personal life (not people, just responsibilities) the same way.

    A man has to be a leader in his own life if he'd like to be one in a relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo my brother. Well done and very well said. Many, not all, women achieve success whether financially or in the form of multiple degrees which they wear on their sleeves and try to get "brand new." I'm all down with holding down a women who may make more than me, and I'm definitely not intimidated by a successful women,but stay in your lane honey I'm the captain of this ship. As soon as women recognize there's nothing wrong with being Bonnie to his Clyde, the sooner we can all have fruitful relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr. Wild,

    That was interesting, I agree women have taken the independence thing way to far, here's the contradiction, men are acting like real B!+c#3$...and they have giving women more than enough reasons to want to do better than them, to want to do with out them! We’re talking years and generations of suppressed woman! I will say woman get it together because we do need men to a certain degree! As for making reference to Pimps, that's wack! Totally disagree with anything that involves Pimping and I will call a Pimp a coward!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can agree. Women, some not all, will definitely take making more money as an ego boost and look down on the man. No way that relationship will ever work. Also. The man needs to be mature and if he can't handle a woman making more than he does, find someone else and they can be broke together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree... Women don't want to run the show. And it has nothing to do with how much he makes, it's about contributing equal energy and effort to the relationship. We want a man to be a man, take control of the situation... So if you want your woman to treat you like a man, just act like one, handle your business and she'll treat you like a king. She may even start leaving the toilet seat up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A: this is good, you have your points Mr.wilder, but I do not think that a man has to have a pimp mentality, think like him to be ok with his lady making more than hi,, if he is insecure than maybe yea that way of thinking will help him deal better. I also think that as women, successful women if you are the bread winner in the household, you still have to be supportive of your man and its important that he knows that, still let him be the man of the house, Nobody should be controlling everything just b/c their check is bigger. Also couples need to be on the same page, if yall 2gether in it to win it as a team, then who makes more shouldnt be an issues b/c yall will have one common goal, to move forward, progress together as one.
    Lastly I do know many women who are highly educated, and have great jobs, but no man, and the story I get from them is that men are a lil intimated by them, a man should see that as a challenge maybe, show interest in what she does, split the check, and if you dont got it then you dont got it, honesty is the best policy, and if she is out of your league acting like her ish dont stink, then let her be until she is smacked back down into reality.
    Great Topic Esteban!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah man you right bro. Them hoes and dey bigg fat wide tits. whamp whampn me in my face all soft and shit. sigh, cant stand chicks wen dey dnt do that! Butler almost got it done tho. Vado

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the problem can be a result of many things all combined into one.....yes women today are holding things down and truth is the average man will seek her out but when he comes across her he soon hates her for all the reasons he wanted her.....how does that work? Don't want a driven woman to be barefoot and prego in the kitchen when you comfortable bringing home minimum wage! Men have never had to finance and run the household, a woman will do both those things and now she has to give out ego boosts too!? Let's face it, if she is in it for the money it won't last long once she realizes she makes more so when does a man just say hats off I got a baaaad B**ch let me get my weight up? I'm just sayin why is it also her job to tell a man what he should be to her?

    ReplyDelete

Please share your opinion. Also, if you have a question or potential blog topic you would like addressed, dont hesitate to email me at swild21@gmail.com. Also, it's ok to follow me on twitter @EsWild21