Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tricks Are For Kids, Wait....It's Valentine's Day


For a while now, I've sort of had an internal debate that has been slowly destroying me. I am pleased to announce that one side has finally convinced the other side to accept its logic. Through this long, tedious process, my mind, body and soul are now restored. Everything was torn because certain parts were choosing sides. The issue that caused this divide is a simple statement that has been embarrassingly repeated for as long as I can remember. Actually, I don’t even know why I’m trying to dress it up. Statement, its not. Really it’s a rap lyric that has been dangerously infectious and trendy. And similar to a lot of rap that transpired throughout the “Platinum Era,” it was a falsehood that people thought was true. We that are in the know, understand and accept that half of hip-hop simply is not real although we hope it is. I admit, I’m guilty of believing some of these hip-hop myths. For example, there was a time where I actually thought that there was no way Rick Ross could be a former Correction Officer. Hey, put me in jail, I’m human. But this time around, I decided to be responsible. I will no longer promote false propaganda. Kids, we’ve been lied to and it’s time the wool is removed. In advance, I apologize for being a party pooper. Some men will have damaged egos, and there’s a chance their women will suffer. Ladies and gentlemen, it’s imperative that you know that it’s definitely trickin’ if you got it.

For years we’ve recited the lyrics “It aint trickin’ if you got it.” Some of our favorite rappers even participated in this craziness. But how many people have actually dissected the phrase. I did, because I’m the Mad Analyst and I hate repeating stuff that I haven’t officially co-signed. I won't insult you or waste our time by defining what trickin’ is, but if you don't know, continue reading and I’m sure you will figure out its meaning. For those of you that think it’s trivial and has nothing to do with relationships, have a seat and let me learn you something. Like I said, it’s trickin if you got it, and it’s simply stupid if you don’t have it. Fellas, to restore your pride, it doesn’t mean you are a trick if you’re trickin. Some of you are feeling embarrassed about doing something nice for a woman. If you got it, you should be trickin. Ladies, if he’s trickin’, in other words, spending money on you, he wants something. He’s not doing it simply because you are a nice girl. What he wants can be good or bad, but its definitely something. Actually, most relationships are born with a little trickin. Guys are quick to tell their homies “I aint paying for chit.” Please stop it, we don’t believe you. It’s part of the game. Most guys pursuing a woman are paying for a thing or two. Behind most movies, dinners, flowers, train tickets, air max and outfits is a man denying his trick status. He does not want to accept it because he’s been singing those damn words for so long. He doesn’t want to be associated with the perverts at Hunts point in the Bronx. He refuses to be confused with the horny men at strip clubs that actually believe that Diamond loves them. Unfortunately fellas, you all are tricks, some have just graduated to other levels. So if you’re in the clubs singing “I got it” and making it rain thinking you are better than average, guess what, you are average. I'm going to do my part by never again saying that I am not a trick. That status can’t be removed unless my name is Bishop Magic Don Juan or if I’m in a relationship.

For those who got it, trickin is an investment. For those who don’t have it, trickin is a lottery ticket. With V-Day fast approaching, if you have spent your last on a woman or man you want, you are stupid. You better learn some arts and crafts. Get creative and take a few cooking classes. Get your horticulture on. If they can’t grasp the theory “it’s the thought that counts,” ya’ll both are stupid and you deserve each other. Happy Valentines Day.

And if you’re benefitting from all this trickin, it doesn’t mean you are a hoe. But, I will warn you that it’s a slippery slope. Also, if you are taking advantage of a guy because you know he is a trick, you’re definitely a hoe. Yeah I said it. “You a hoe.” If you invite your girls to come party and your selling point is “Jason is buying bottles,” you and your clan are hoes. Embrace it.

5 comments:

  1. L_M_(f*cking)_A_O!!!!!

    " If you invite your girls to come party and your selling point is “Jason is buying bottles,” you and your clan are hoes." That had me ROLLIN but is SO true.

    K, now for my take. It always is trickin, one way or another. But its a complicated situation.

    Firstly, many women are actual prostitutes. More commonly than you think. Then you have women who aren't actually "hoes" in the literal sense but will confide in their girls that their sole motivation for dealing with a certain male is money. We ALL know a chick who is all like "So and so wants us to meet him at such and such tonight! You know how he gets down, he pays for everything: bottles, whatever. Sh*t, drink for free? We're in there!" Alot of the time, the women dont even genuinely like the guy. They are just happy that A)The male considers their presence worthy of sorm form of compensation and B)They can have a good time and take no loss financially.

    Women like all the above stated can have their own money or be broke. Lil Kim says "why spend mine, when I can spend yours." All of the above stated are prostitutes in a sense, willing to sacrifice their company, feigned charm, and oftentimes sex to gain material comfort.

    That being said:

    Women need dates (or other forms of "trickery" if you will) in order to feel validated, particularly if she's letting him have sex with her. In the ultra Christian and materialistic (despite the contrast of principle) society we live in, p*ssy is valued at a high price. Yes, you'll get a deal here and there, but generally you have to provide compensation.

    Imagine two women, both equally attractive and socially respectable. One gets dates, flowers, etc. The second gets close to nothing. Yet they are both giving out the same product: their bodies. Someone here is not getting her due. We can all argue about the petty variables, but each woman has a cost. Some are cheap, some are not. Whore or not, no one likes to feel cheap in comparison to anyone else. Its all an idea that society has imposed upon us. (In the sixties, many were getting it in for "free love" sake. I digress.)

    Unfortunately for men, penis isn't hard to get. So you wont be "tricked on" as often. Only by women who are desperate or have naturally giving spirits.

    I personally like to take people on soley what they present to me, the entire package. I dont need much "trickin", but I will notice how much effort someone puts into dating me in general. I like nice things as much as anyone (materialistic at times), but I can get them on my own and if someone is really worth it, money shouldnt be a big deal.

    Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AYO MAN! SO OFTEN I CLAP OUT LOUD AND LAUGH IN A ROOM BY MYSELF WHEN I READ YOUR POST! I BEEN SAYING THIS FOR THE LONGEST TIME AND IT'S SO DOPE THAT SOMEONE ELSE ACTUALLY MENTIONED IT BESIDES MYSELF. DOPE POST MAN! I CO-SIGN TO THE FULLEST. STAY UP BRUH!


    ENO....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samantha! Happy Valentines Day baby, xoxox. Great post.

    I have some friends who run around supporting this ridiculous mantra. "It ain't trickin if you got it", is just as idiotic as the "no snitchin" campaign. Now, I will say, trickin is different than showing a lady a good time in my opinion. I don't consider myself a trick when I take a lady I'm dating on a nice date on my dime. I am a trick, when I start paying her bills though. Some guys talk with their wallet as a way to get the drawers faster. He pays for the bottles a the club, the breakfast after the club and he gets no sex. So he repeats. This is unadulterated trickin.

    I know plenty of "hoes" with the mindset of, he's paying so we're in there. I agree, they are prostitutes. And I know plenty of retarded guys who don't have it, but they find it when a woman is introduced into the equation. They are tricks. I'm all for showing a lady a good time, so if that makes me a trick, I'm a proud trick and will continue to treat a lady like a lady when we go out. But, don't for a second think I'm a sucker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "If you have spent your last on a woman or man you want, you are stupid. You better learn some arts and crafts. Get creative and take a few cooking classes. Get your horticulture on. If they can’t grasp the theory “it’s the thought that counts,” ya’ll both are stupid and you deserve each other."
    ^^^This right here!! Nothing is better than a man that really puts an effort into a thoughtful gift/date/experience.

    While a nice blue box from Tiffany is well appreciated, it's when he knows my favorite color, my favorite flower, and my favorite dish and proceeds to spoil me with his thoughtfulness...that get me every time.

    Great post Es Wild!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I agree with both Es and Sam, you are either a "trick" or a "Prostitute" to SOME extent. *shrugs*
    In the good OLE days it was called COURTING today it's called "hoeing" and "tricking"... eh whatever... i'm a "hoe" then. I like to be "tricked" on. I would never take ADVANTAGE b/c that's just not my nature but men certainly do attempt to throw their money, bling, sunglasses in the dark, extra hard bop and offers to go "grab something to eat" all in your face.
    To me they are easy "Tricks" to spot and I'm not usually interested b/c I know what their goal is. It's the ones that are "slick tricks" probably better known as "Pimps" that i'm afraid of. Have you doing all types of things for their love and approval... you know like paying for their dinner, buying THEM gifts, offering to pay for THEIR entry in clubs, movies etc.
    Anyways... great topic lol
    Happy Valentines Day Folks!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your opinion. Also, if you have a question or potential blog topic you would like addressed, dont hesitate to email me at swild21@gmail.com. Also, it's ok to follow me on twitter @EsWild21