Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

No One Told You To Do That, Not Even You

Some years back, the thought first entered my mind. Many people I knew had taken the leap, and they told me it was one of the greatest experiences they had ever had. They said "you have not lived until you've done it." What a bold statement. Especially when I'm standing there breathing. But with a co-sign like that, why would I be opposed to experiencing it for myself. My interest began to grow. We can't keep doing the same thing. We all have to be able to switch it up sometimes. So instead of sitting back observing others, being jealous, afraid, anxious, nervous, too cool, I felt it was time to live. But guess what, living requires a bit of risk. *Beating a dead horse* "Is the risk worth the reward?" I'm basically signing waivers saying it's on me if it doesn't work out. What type of chit is that? What made me do it?

Who the hell knows what made me do it. But these are the facts: the risk was definitely worth the reward, I survived, and I will do it again. Wait, I don't think I'm talking about skydiving. I'm actually talking about the "opposite of lust", you know, the L-word. Some of you may think there is a difference, but actually, there is no difference between falling from the sky and falling in the opposite of lust.


I know what you're thinking; you can die from one of these, that's the difference between the two. Nope, that is not the difference. People die skydiving as well. Its just, skydiving is not as bad because most likely you wont experience death and torture.


If its a guy's first time being in the opposite of lust, he doesn't know what to expect. I know I didn't. Rhetorically, I ask myself, "what made me do it, what would make any guy do it?" Unfortunately, its like a bee sting. No matter how many swarming bees you kill, one is going to sting you and you will not see it coming. There is nothing a man can do about it. If you ask any man, he will tell you that when its good, there is nothing he wants to do about it.


Unfortunately, like skydiving, the free fall in the opposite of lust has to come to an end. The parachute has to get pulled. The jumpers have to land......and if you have the heart, you jump again.



8 comments:

  1. Great analogy brother. I have to say, you're a poet and don't know it, lol. Ladies clutch your pearls. Yes, I, The Mighty D.R. has been in the opposite of lust. Shocker, I know. And yes, this is something I'm willing to revisit again. When you're in it, its great and when you're out it sucks, but lets accentuate the positive here. There is nothing like that feeling you get when you love a person and that person loves you. But, like skydiving, it takes courage. Your guard has to be down and you have to throw caution to the wind. Also you have to except the fact that this could be your last jump. You can fall in love, marry and live happily ever after or your chute might not open and you can die. Not literally over love, but you can become one of "those damaged" people who swears off love and is forever f**ked up cause someone broke your little heart and stops living, hence "dead", because of it. I for one jump in feet first on everything I do and deal with the repercussions later. On three. 1...2...3! #stoplivingscared

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I approach "the opposite of lust" the way I approach life/clubs etc... BALLS TO THE WALL let's have a good time and when we stop let's roll out!
    I 'opposite of lust' everyone, but as i'm getting older I'm realizing I just appreciate and can see value in everyone but REAL "opposite of lust" i'm learning doesn't fade just hurts like falling without that parachute when it's changing. the hard part is riding the phases out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PC don't forget that opposite of lusting someone is different from being in opposite of lust with someone. Opposite of lust should be forever, and being in opposite of lust is usually seasonal as in ending when the mood changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Unfortunately, like skydiving, the free fall in the opposite of lust has to come to an end."

    I am not a hater. I'm all for people falling in love. I listen to them gush on the phone in absolute and utter happiness. I even celebrate with them. Do I wonder if they are naive sometimes? Yes. But do I secretly wish that it lasts forever? Absolutely.

    However, love is a product of human emotions. How reliable are the emotions of imperfect, self-serving human beings? Not reliable enough that I am willing to invest in them.

    As the Mighty D.R so kindly put it, I am "one of "those damaged" people who swears off love and is forever f**ked up cause someone broke your little heart and stops living, hence "dead", because of it." And some people will consider that to be pitiful, but I dont. If anything I live more than people who are #teamlove. I'm paid, educated, have as many or as little friends as I need, sex when I want, etc. And, yes, experiences shape who you are. I've been "in love" before. No Thanks. Being "in love" in my opinion is superficial. Meet different people, have a good time, learn something, grow.

    But like I said, I'm not a hater. I'll be at your wedding happy as s*** for you, with a gift and a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well first of all Samantha, you have to go to the principal's office for cursing, your display of wrecklessness using the L-word is dangerous to others. Although 5% of us know what it means, there are still 95% of us that have no clue. So you see I agree with what you are saying. People are definitely naive, but they shouldn't be. Its one of few selected words you hear everyday, you would think people would take the time to fully grasp its meaning.
    Now to you Samantha personally, does the bee land on you and you detach his stinger from him. You a bad mutha shut yo mouth. I can say that I hate the roller coaster ride known as the opposite of lust process. So I can sympathize with the "no thanks" when it comes to that part. But thats life, the experiences shape who we are and make us better people and better opposite of lusters. So I hope you are not disgusted to the point where you are on your Mutumbo chit, blocking every possible attempt of someone trying to hit the game winner.
    Bees are pretty smart you know, they are going to set you up. One is going to commit suicide, gonna go in kamakaze style, while his partner catches you from the blind side. Then I will have your gift and your hug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHA!! So that's it. A woman as wise as you my dear Samantha had to go through a rough patch to become as wise as you are. I take it you go hard when in opposite of lust. Well, i'm no therapist, but I'm sure you have a lot to offer someone so perhaps you should brush yourself off and give it that ol' college try.

    As far as the principal office goes ES, I think she deserves a bar of soap in the mouth and a rap on the bottom! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! And it doesn't have to end if you don't want it to. I'm in no way suggesting anyway be in something that is not good for them or be an ever-present stalker, but consider this quote: "Immature love says, 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says, 'I need you because I love you'" The second is about choosing to love (verb) someone when you don't feel like it, and in that case, it's not at all a fleeting emotion and very much worth investing in.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your opinion. Also, if you have a question or potential blog topic you would like addressed, dont hesitate to email me at swild21@gmail.com. Also, it's ok to follow me on twitter @EsWild21